Proceeds from the gala will go directly to support Integral Care’s services for substance use disorders including intensive in-patient treatment, integrated mental and primary healthcare, case management, transitional living housing, and outpatient detox and support.
- Substance use impacts our community in many ways and we see the consequences of harmful substance use every day.
- A substance use disorder is a medical condition where an individual uses one or more substances, like painkillers, drugs or alcohol that negatively impact their life. It isn’t a character flaw. It is a brain-based disorder.
- Millions of people struggle with substance use disorder. Substance use is rarely an “at home” problem and can affect every aspect of a person’s life, including school, community, and work.
- An estimated 74,357 adults in Travis County were dependent on drugs and alcohol in 2012. (That’s enough people to almost fill the University of Texas’ football stadium.)
SUBSTANCE ABUSE EFFECTS ON EMPLOYERS
- An employee that has a substance use disorder, can unwittingly cause problems at work that are related to their substance use.
- 70% of Americans who use illegal drugs are currently employed in the workplace.
$81 BILLION PER YEAR –
- Researchers estimate that lost work, healthcare costs, and low productivity cost businesses $81 billion dollars every year.
- Some other consequences are increased health care costs, human resources issues, legal liabilities, and workers’ compensation costs
The number of people with substance use disorders continues to grow. However, recovery is possible through a variety of pathways. Integral Care is the leader in Travis County by providing myriad programs and services for children, adults, and families who are impacted by substance use disorders.
WE INVITE YOU TO JOIN WITH US TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
|WHAT:||Integral Care Foundation – 2019 Bridging the Gap Gala|
|WHEN:||October 17, 2019 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
|WHERE:||Omni Hotel Southpark – 4140 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744|
|WHY:||Raising funds for Integral Care’s substance use disorders programs/services.|