Individual and community well-being is built just like a house. A strong foundation, the right tools and ongoing maintenance help us all weather life’s storms. When people are hit by an unexpected life storm – such as a mental illness, substance use disorder or intellectual or developmental disability – the effects, just like bad weather, can be catastrophic.
Integral Care Foundation helps Integral Care provide adults and children the necessary tools to recover from life’s storms and regain their health and well-being. By investing in Integral Care Foundation, you become a partner in building the well-being of our community.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Mental illness is more common than cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
- One in five will experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Half of all mental illnesses begin before age 14.
- One in six children have one or more developmental disabilities or other developmental delays.
- Nearly 60% of adults with a mental illness don’t receive the mental health care they need.
- Suicide is one of the leading causes of death in our state. One Texan dies every 3 hours by suicide.
- Approximately 2 million American adults have both a mental illness and a substance use disorder.
- Texas is the 2nd largest state in population the U.S. Yet, it ranks 48th in its funding for community mental health and intellectual and developmental disabilities services.